More From Eldridge Cleaver
- "The Twist was a guided missile launched from the ghetto into the heart of suburbia. The Twist succeeded, as politics, religion and law could never do, in writing in the heart and soul what the Supreme Court could only write on the books."
- "If a man like Malcolm X could change and repudiate racism, if I myself and other former Muslims can change, if young whites can change, then there is hope for America."
More In Respect
- "There is only one thing I respect in so-called Broadway actors… and that is their competitive sense."― Elia Kazan
- "I’m not a fighter, but I would love to be a boxer because I love the courage and toughness. I mean, there can be nothing more terrifying than walking into an arena and looking at Mike Tyson in the ring."― Mark McGrath
- "They all matter to me, whether I’m working on a Sam Jackson film for a week or I’m the star of my own TV series – I take it all very seriously, and I have a healthy respect for the work in general, despite the role."― Anthony Michael Hall