More From Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- "Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem."
- "The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself."
- "If thou be industrious to procure wealth, be generous in the disposal of it. Man never is so happy as when he giveth happiness unto another."
More In Happiness
- "You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness."― Brad Garrett
- "Happiness depends upon ourselves."― Aristotle
- "Marriage is wild. I thought it was this perfect land of happiness and joy. Wrong! After you say you do, you don’t for a long time."― John Leguizamo