More From Edward Bond
- "All you now do is pursue your private objectives within society. Instead of us being a community, everybody is asked to seek their own personal ends. It’s called competition. And competition is antagonism."
- "But we are not in the world to be good but to change it."
- "Religion enabled society to organise itself to debate goodness, just as Greek drama had once done."
More In Society
- "Every teenager deals in his or her own sexuality and has to face it and figure out how it can coincide with the rest of their lives in a healthy manner. And try to navigate it in our modern society, which is wrought with stigma and taboo and repression, and sort of as a result, these inner monsters that some teenagers really struggle with."― Ezra Miller
- "But if you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason than they’ve been brought there by no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart. We need to be educating these children, because they will become a drag on our society."― Rick Perry
- "There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."― Sam Walton