More From Eddie Izzard
- "I try to just talk about human stories and what I think about religion or teapots or whatever."
- "So the American government lied to the Native Americans for many, many years, and then President Clinton lied about a relationship, and everyone was surprised! A little naive, I feel!"
- "Never put a sock in a toaster."
More In Religion
- "I think every religious person should have a deep sense of respect for other people’s religious documents and religious symbols just as we were deeply opposed to the Taliban destroying the two historic buddhas which they blew up. So I think we ought to all oppose burning the Koran."― Newt Gingrich
- "You might sooner get lightning out of incense smoke than true action or passion out of your modern English religion."― John Ruskin
- "In the early days I had a very black-and-white view of everything. I think that’s kind of natural for anyone who’s just embraced Islam – or any religion – as a convert. It was important for me to duck out of the fast and furious life I’d been living as a pop star. I was in a different mood."― Cat Stevens