More From Eamon de Valera
- "Since this war began our sympathy has gone out to all the suffering people who have been dragged into it. Further hundreds of millions have become involved since I spoke at Limerick fortnight ago."
- "God has been pleased to save us during the years of war that have already passed. We pray that He may be pleased to save us to the end. But we must do our part."
- "If there is to be any hope of prosperity for this country it is by reversing that policy which made us simply the kitchen garden for supplying the British with cheap food."
More In Friendship
- "The ideal friendship is to feel as one while remaining two."― Sophie Swetchine
- "Your experiences will be yours alone. But truth and best friendship will rarely if ever disappoint you."― Anne Lamott
- "To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind."― William Hazlitt