More From E. M. Forster
- "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country."
- "We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship."
- "I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars."
More In Life
- "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."― Oscar Wilde
- "It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one’s life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than ‘try to be a little kinder.’"― Aldous Huxley
- "How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."― George Washington Carver