More From E. F. Schumacher
- "An attitude to life which seeks fulfillment in the single-minded pursuit of wealth – in short, materialism – does not fit into this world, because it contains within itself no limiting principle, while the environment in which it is placed is strictly limited."
- "The system of nature, of which man is a part, tends to be self-balancing, self-adjusting, self-cleansing. Not so with technology."
More In Courage
- "As long as the opposition believes the world will stand with Ukraine’s democrat reformers, they will have the leverage and the courage to establish a legitimate republic under the leadership of Viktor Yushchenko."― Bob Schaffer
- "Then there is a still higher type of courage – the courage to brave pain, to live with it, to never let others know of it and to still find joy in life; to wake up in the morning with an enthusiasm for the day ahead."― Howard Cosell
- "Love makes a subtle man out of a crude one, it gives eloquence to the mute, it gives courage the cowardly and makes the idle quick and sharp."― Juan Ruiz