More From E. B. White
- "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
- "Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men."
- "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."
More In Humor
- "My father could be very witty, even if the humor was always on the darker side of irony."― Maurice Sendak
- "Humor can alter any situation and help us cope at the very instant we are laughing."― Allen Klein
- "I make fun of situations and try and find the humor in things, but it’s never at the expense of the other guy."― Bob Uecker