More From E. B. White
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
- "It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer."
- "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
More In Great
- "I remember a great America where we made everything. There was a time when the only thing you got from Japan was a really bad cheap transistor radio that some aunt gave you for Christmas."― Cher
- "Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves."― Charles Stanley
- "After great pain, a formal feeling comes. The Nerves sit ceremonious, like tombs."― Emily Dickinson