More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "The most terrible job in warfare is to be a second lieutenant leading a platoon when you are on the battlefield."
- "Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg."
- "This world of ours… must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect."
More In Peace
- "The idea is that they wouldn’t want to deal with militant Islam but an Islam and Muslims who are committed to progress, committed to development, who like peace and are moderate in their ways. So that’s what we are doing here."― Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
- "The Nobel Peace Prize opened up a door in my heart."― Aung San Suu Kyi
- "With the help of dedicated Americans from our party, every party, and no party at all, I intend to mount that stairway to preach peace for our nation and world."― Theodore C. Sorensen