More From Dweezil Zappa
- "And, you know, my dad would show me some things sometimes, but the best things that I got to do were to actually see really good players play up close. That gives you an idea of fingering and technique and what not."
- "The thing with food is that you can give 20 people the same recipe and the same ingredients, and somebody’s going to make it better than somebody else, and that’s the creativity of it. It’s like music. You could have a bunch of people playing the same piece, and somebody’s gonna play it better."
- "I liked a lot of the things other people liked – Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Van Halen, AC/DC – but if I compared it to my dad’s music, there just seemed to be elements missing."
More In Car
- "Even back then, I exuded self-confidence, and that drives women crazy."― Larry David
- "My first car, I got it in an auction at my temple. It was an ’86 Volvo that I got for 500 bucks, and then wound up throwing $10,000 into the stereo system and put TVs in the foot rests. It was the most ridiculous Volvo you’d ever seen, but I had never had money before and I was out of my mind."― Shia LaBeouf
- "When I finish an album and I find myself listening to it in the car, because it makes me feel a certain way, that’s the time to try to let other people know about it."― Herb Alpert