More From Douglas MacArthur
- "It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear."
- "A general is just as good or just as bad as the troops under his command make him."
- "I suppose, in a way, this has become part of my soul. It is a symbol of my life. Whatever I have done that really matters, I’ve done wearing it. When the time comes, it will be in this that I journey forth. What greater honor could come to an American, and a soldier?"
More In History
- "If I were beginning my career today, I don’t think I would take the same direction. Television is at a crossroads at the moment. And although I am not up to date technologically, I suspect that somewhere out there people are conveying things about natural history by means other than television, and I think if I were beginning today, I’d be there."― David Attenborough
- "I like to go back over history and check out what people have written and whether I agree with it or not."― Harvey Pekar
- "You are cruising along, and then technology changes. You have to adapt."― Marc Andreessen