More From Douglas MacArthur
- "Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
- "I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."
- "The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."
More In History
- "France is delighted at this new opportunity to show the world that when one has the will one can succeed in joining peoples who have been brought close by history."― Francois Mitterrand
- "But myth is something else than an explanation of the world, of history, and of destiny."― Paul Ricoeur
- "Judging from the main portions of the history of the world, so far, justice is always in jeopardy."― Walt Whitman