More From Doris Lessing
- "What society doesn’t realize is that in the past, ordinary people respected learning. They respected books, and they don’t now, or not very much. That whole respect for serious literature and learning has disappeared."
- "I wanted to highlight that whole dreadful process in book publishing that ‘nothing succeeds like success.’"
- "I hate Iran. I hate the Iranian government. It’s a cruel and evil government."
More In Religion
- "Government is, by its very nature, a destroyer of liberties; the Obama administration, specifically, is promising to interfere with the economy and the health care system so profoundly that Washington will soon have us all in chains."― Thomas Frank
- "I’m not a big fan of religion for that reason. But I am a true believer in God, and I have great faith, and I think that a spiritual connection with something is a really important part of our experience. That doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the church."― Shaun Cassidy
- "Let us not seek to bring religion to others, but let us endeavor to live it ourselves."― Paul Tournier