More From Doris Lessing
- "You cannot escape the fact that women mould your first five years, whether you like it or not. And I can’t say I do like it very much."
- "Men are restless, adventurous. Women are conservative – despite what current ideology says."
- "I do not think that marriage is one of my talents. I’ve been much happier unmarried than married."
More In Women
- "The men and women of Afghanistan are building a nation that is free, and proud, and fighting terror – and America is honored to be their friend."― George W. Bush
- "To honor our national promise to our veterans, we must continue to improve services for our men and women in uniform today and provide long overdue benefits for the veterans and military retirees who have already served."― Solomon Ortiz
- "Yes, it’s a man’s world, but that’s all right because they’re making a total mess of it. We’re chipping away at their control, taking the parts we want. Some women think it’s a difficult task, but it’s not."― Cher