More From Doris Lessing
- "It’s lovely to have money to give away – that’s the bonus of winning the Nobel."
- "There’s an unconscious bias in our society: girls are wonderful; boys are terrible. And to be a boy, or young man, growing up, having to listen to all this, it must be painful."
- "We use our parents like recurring dreams, to be entered into when needed."
More In Women
- "If women want any rights more than they’s got, why don’t they just take them, and not be talking about it."― Sojourner Truth
- "Virtue must be valuable, if men and women of all degrees pretend to have it."― E. W. Howe
- "So it was good for me to play a likable person and it was just an amazing situation to be in."― Kristin Davis