More From Donald Rumsfeld
- "Let your family, staff, and friends know that you’re still the same person, despite all the publicity and notoriety that accompanies your position."
- "Congress, the press, and the bureaucracy too often focus on how much money or effort is spent, rather than whether the money or effort actually achieves the announced goal."
- "Many people around the President have sizeable egos before entering government, some with good reason. Their new positions will do little to moderate their egos."
More In Leadership
- "No institution can possibly survive if it needs geniuses or supermen to manage it. It must be organized in such a way as to be able to get along under a leadership composed of average human beings."― Peter Drucker
- "Well football teams are perhaps easier to control than political parties, I’m sure the Prime Minister would agree with me, but yeah I think every team needs discipline and a sense of self-belief and that’s important, that’s what leadership’s all about."― Iain Duncan Smith
- "It is with obedience to your call that I take up the burden of government leadership for the final time."― Kamisese Mara