More From Don Marquis
- "Fate often puts all the material for happiness and prosperity into a man’s hands just to see how miserable he can make himself with them."
- "Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."
- "Of middle age the best that can be said is that a middle-aged person has likely learned how to have a little fun in spite of his troubles."
More In Experience
- "Because wherever I am today, I still owe it to God and I owe it to two men – the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X and of course, two very special women, my mother and my wife."― Louis Farrakhan
- "You might say that when you step inside, you’re entering a honorific space, but that’s something totally different than experiencing it. And in architecture the experience comes first. That has the deepest effect on us."― Thom Mayne
- "People’s real hopes and dreams can be distorted and misdirected and packaged until you’re not sure what you really want or what you even really need."― Tracy Chapman