More From Don DeLillo
- "The writer is the person who stands outside society, independent of affiliation and independent of influence."
- "I slept for four years. I didn’t study much of anything. I majored in something called communication arts."
- "A Catholic is raised with the idea that he will die any minute now and if he doesn’t live his life in a certain way, this death is an introduction to an eternity of pain."
More In Nature
- "There’s a kind of dynamic quality about theater and that dynamic quality expresses itself in relation to, first of all, the environment in which it’s being staged; then the audience, the nature of the audience, the quality of the audience."― Wole Soyinka
- "Greed is a basic part of animal nature. Being against it is like being against breathing or eating. It means nothing."― Ben Stein
- "I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success… such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything."― Nikola Tesla