More From Dolly Parton
- "I still close my eyes and go home – I can always draw from that."
- "It’s a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I’d be a drag queen."
- "I’ve never had a divorce, but I’ve seen so many of my friends, my sister, my family go through that stuff, so I try to write for the people that can’t write about it. I take on their sorrow, so I’m able to kind of express it, or their joy."
More In Dreams
- "After all those days in the cotton fields, the dreams came true on a gold record on a piece of wood. It’s in my den where I can look at it every day. I wear it out lookin’ at it."― Carl Perkins
- "American dreams are strongest in the hearts of those who have seen America only in their dreams."― Pico Iyer
- "I love to fly. I always wanted to fly. It’s been one of my dreams since I was 3 years old. I remember saying to my mom, 3 years old, every day, ‘I can fly!’ Living on the ninth floor, it was dangerous."― Elena Anaya