More From Dolly Parton
- "The only way I’d be caught without makeup is if my radio fell in the bathtub while I was taking a bath and electrocuted me and I was in between makeup at home. I hope my husband would slap a little lipstick on me before he took me to the morgue."
- "I’ve never had a divorce, but I’ve seen so many of my friends, my sister, my family go through that stuff, so I try to write for the people that can’t write about it. I take on their sorrow, so I’m able to kind of express it, or their joy."
- "I can’t tell anybody else how to run their life or their business, but I really believe I’ve got a good bead on myself."
More In Art
- "I’m so sick of hearing how there’s no strong roles for women. I don’t care about strong roles. I just want to see women who are characters! A nun, a serial killer, a housewife, as long as there’s some depth there."― Martha Plimpton
- "Personality is everything in art and poetry."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."― Pablo Picasso