More From Diogenes
- "Those who have virtue always in their mouths, and neglect it in practice, are like a harp, which emits a sound pleasing to others, while itself is insensible of the music."
- "The great thieves lead away the little thief."
- "As a matter of self-preservation, a man needs good friends or ardent enemies, for the former instruct him and the latter take him to task."
More In Education
- "Unless we make education a priority, an entire generation of Americans could miss out on the American dream."― Blanche Lincoln
- "Game shows are designed to make us feel better about the random, useless facts that are all we have left of our education."― Chuck Palahniuk
- "What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the soul."― Joseph Addison