More From Diogenes
- "As a matter of self-preservation, a man needs good friends or ardent enemies, for the former instruct him and the latter take him to task."
- "When I look upon seamen, men of science and philosophers, man is the wisest of all beings; when I look upon priests and prophets nothing is as contemptible as man."
- "Man is the most intelligent of the animals – and the most silly."
More In Education
- "There were all us baby boomers who had a grammar school education, started to learn, then went on the pill, the whole thing, and so there are today a lot more women writers, editors, producers, and so a lot more women’s stories. God, the BBC’s practically run by women."― Julie Walters
- "I had a great education. From kindergarten to John Dewey High School in Coney Island, I am public-school educated."― Spike Lee
- "In fact, I believe that we need better sex education in our own culture, here in America, so that young folk learn about things like venereal disease before they encounter it."― Piers Anthony