More From Diogenes
- "When I look upon seamen, men of science and philosophers, man is the wisest of all beings; when I look upon priests and prophets nothing is as contemptible as man."
- "Wise kings generally have wise counselors; and he must be a wise man himself who is capable of distinguishing one."
- "Man is the most intelligent of the animals – and the most silly."
More In Good
- "Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way."― Eileen Caddy
- "If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself."― Confucius
- "It is better to be beautiful than to be good. But… it is better to be good than to be ugly."― Oscar Wilde