More From Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned; it enables a man to hold his head high, to claim the future for himself and not to abandon it to his enemy."
- "The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children."
- "It is the nature, and the advantage, of strong people that they can bring out the crucial questions and form a clear opinion about them. The weak always have to decide between alternatives that are not their own."
More In God
- "If you don’t drink, smoke, or drive a car, you’re a tax evader."― Thomas S. Foley
- "There are two kinds of people one can call reasonable: those who serve God with all their heart because they know him, and those who seek him with all their heart because they do not know him."― Blaise Pascal
- "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."― George Washington Carver