More From Dick Gregory
- "My mother was the sweetest lady who ever lived on this planet, but if you tried to tell her that Jesus wasn’t a Christian, she would stomp you to death."
- "Political promises are much like marriage vows. They are made at the beginning of the relationship between candidate and voter, but are quickly forgotten."
- "I buy about $1,500 worth of papers every month. Not that I trust them. I’m looking for the crack in the fabric."
More In God
- "I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty."― Albert Einstein
- "Punishment is now unfashionable… because it creates moral distinctions among men, which, to the democratic mind, are odious. We prefer a meaningless collective guilt to a meaningful individual responsibility."― Thomas Szasz
- "As surely as I am the living God, everyone will kneel before me, and everyone will confess that I am God."― Jesus Christ