More From Dick Gregory
- "We used to root for the Indians against the cavalry, because we didn’t think it was fair in the history books that when the cavalry won it was a great victory, and when the Indians won it was a massacre."
- "You know, I always say white is not a colour, white is an attitude, and if you haven’t got trillions of dollars in the bank that you don’t need, you can’t be white."
- "You hear entertainers all the time, saying, ‘If I couldn’t get paid for this, I’d do it for free.’ When’s the last time you ever heard a business person say, ‘If I couldn’t get paid for being chairman of British Petroleum, I’d do it for free’?"
More In Morning
- "Politics gets me out of bed in the morning It’s what really interests me. I’m a competitor, but I also feel like I’m contributing, whether it’s working on health-care policy in the White House or out here in Chicago."― Stephanie Cutter
- "The less I behave like Whistler’s mother the night before, the more I look like her the morning after."― Tallulah Bankhead
- "A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked."― Anais Nin