More From Diane Wakoski
- "From reading a previous answer, you know that I consider all those aspects to be part of American cultural myth and thus they figure into good American poetry, whether the poet is aware of what he is doing or not."
- "Still, language is resilient, and poetry when it is pressured simply goes underground."
- "I think that’s what poetry does. It allows people to come together and identify with a common thing that is outside of themselves, but which they identify with from the interior."
More In Attitude
- "On the other hand, I believe there’s hope, because the breakdown and the repair are happening simultaneously."― Kathryn Bigelow
- "There is a single thread of attitude, a single direction of flow, that joins our present time to its early burgeoning in Mediterranean civilization."― Arthur Erickson
- "Funny is an attitude."― Flip Wilson