More From Diane Wakoski
- "PC stuff just lowers the general acceptance of good work and replaces it with bogus poetry that celebrates values that in themselves are probably quite worthy."
- "But I am not political in the current events sense, and I have never wanted anyone to read my poetry that way."
- "From reading a previous answer, you know that I consider all those aspects to be part of American cultural myth and thus they figure into good American poetry, whether the poet is aware of what he is doing or not."
More In Attitude
- "I think it’s your mental attitude. So many of us start dreading age in high school and that’s a waste of a lovely life. ‘Oh… I’m 30, oh, I’m 40, oh, 50.’ Make the most of it."― Betty White
- "Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."― Raymond Chandler
- "What would be ugly in a garden constitutes beauty in a mountain."― Victor Hugo