More From Diane Wakoski
- "American poetry, like American painting, is always personal with an emphasis on the individuality of the poet."
- "High and low culture come together in all Post Modern art, and American poetry is not excluded from this."
- "I’m perfectly happy when I look out at an audience and it’s all women. I always think it’s kind of odd, but then, more women than men, I think, read and write poetry."
More In Poetry
- "Always be a poet, even in prose."― Charles Baudelaire
- "Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things."― T. S. Eliot
- "Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."― Thomas Paine