More From Diane Wakoski
- "PC stuff just lowers the general acceptance of good work and replaces it with bogus poetry that celebrates values that in themselves are probably quite worthy."
- "I definitely wish to distinguish American poetry from British or other English language poetry."
- "I think that’s what poetry does. It allows people to come together and identify with a common thing that is outside of themselves, but which they identify with from the interior."
More In Poetry
- "Music has a poetry of its own, and that poetry is called melody."― Joshua Logan
- "What we know is that Shakespeare wrote perhaps the most remarkable body of passionate love poetry in the English language to a young man."― Stephen Greenblatt
- "There may be more poetry than justice in poetic justice."― George Will