More From Diane Wakoski
- "I definitely wish to distinguish American poetry from British or other English language poetry."
- "American poetry, like American painting, is always personal with an emphasis on the individuality of the poet."
- "I think I’m a very good reader of poetry, but obviously, like everybody, I have a set of criteria for reading poems, and I’m not shy about presenting them, so if people ask for my critical response to a poem, I tell them what works and why, and what doesn’t work and why."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry involves the mysteries of the irrational perceived through rational words."― Vladimir Nabokov
- "Poetry is ordinary language raised to the Nth power. Poetry is boned with ideas, nerved and blooded with emotions, all held together by the delicate, tough skin of words."― Paul Engle
- "Science is for those who learn, poetry is for those who know."― Joseph Roux