More From Diane Wakoski
- "PC stuff just lowers the general acceptance of good work and replaces it with bogus poetry that celebrates values that in themselves are probably quite worthy."
- "I definitely wish to distinguish American poetry from British or other English language poetry."
- "But I am not political in the current events sense, and I have never wanted anyone to read my poetry that way."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It’s that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that’s what the poet does."― Allen Ginsberg
- "I am two fools, I know, for loving, and for saying so in whining poetry."― John Donne
- "My mother carried on and supported us; her ambition had been to write poetry and songs."― Philip Levine