More From Diane Wakoski
- "I definitely wish to distinguish American poetry from British or other English language poetry."
- "I don’t like political poetry, and I don’t write it. If this question was pointing towards that, I think it is missing the point of the American tradition, which is always apolitical, even when the poetry comes out of politically active writers."
- "High and low culture come together in all Post Modern art, and American poetry is not excluded from this."
More In Poetry
- "It’s something we, guys, have all done. Made tapes for girls, trying to impress them, to meet them on a shared plane of aesthetics. Read them someone else’s poetry because they do poetry better than you could do it, because you’re too awkward to do it."― John Cusack
- "I see people who talk about America, and then undermine it by not paying attention to its soul, to its poetry. I see polarization, reductionism and superficiality."― Azar Nafisi
- "The decision to write in prose instead of poetry is made more by the readers than by writers. Almost no one is interested in reading narrative in verse."― Robert Morgan