More From Derek Luke
- "Denzel’s quality, I think, is his faith. You have all the action in your head and you have to believe in it and just do it. That’s what he does and that’s what he taught me to do."
- "A few years ago you couldn’t go from TV to film. It was like a ‘no no’ but I believe when you find a plan and purpose that God has for your life, there’s not anything man can do to you. Especially when your faith is not really standing in the wisdom of man, you’re really standing in the wisdom of God."
- "I was watching TV at age 9 or 10, and my mom said that I came from the front room and I told her that I want to act. And she said if you want to do this at 18, then you can. It was a very simple story, yet, I do not even remember the conversation that I had with my mother. Until she reminded me of the story many years later."
More In Dreams
- "The fact that I’m very close with my past relationships is something I pride myself on. My mom is still close to her first husband. It’s nice to be able to enjoy someone in a different form."― Kate Bosworth
- "Bracketing has turned all my experiences, remembered and present, into a gallery of miracles where I wander around dazzled by the beauty of events I cannot explain."― Martha Beck
- "I do actually dabble in a bit of poetry! And I’m yet to pen a script, but it is something that I’ve been telling myself I want to do."― Luke Treadaway