More From Dennis Prager
- "How a society channels male aggression is one of the greatest questions as to whether that society will survive. That’s why I am not against violence in the media, I am against the glorification of immoral violence."
- "Our scientific age demands that we provide definitions, measurements, and statistics in order to be taken seriously. Yet most of the important things in life cannot be precisely defined or measured. Can we define or measure love, beauty, friendship, or decency, for example?"
- "Although images of perfection in people’s personal lives can cause unhappiness, images of perfect societies – utopian images – can cause monstrous evil. In fact, forcefully changing society to conform to societal images was the greatest cause of evil in the twentieth century."
More In Religion
- "Since the composer has said everything, if you discover everything, it will be enough and you will be a happy man. Don’t try to say it’s your taste, and because of that you are changing this or that. And I must say this respect is still there."― Kurt Masur
- "The irony of the Supreme Court hearing on these cases last week and of the outright hostility that the Court has displayed against religion in recent years is that above the head of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is a concrete display of the Ten Commandments."― Cliff Stearns
- "The courts are using the First Amendment to attack religion, when they should be using it to protect religion."― Ernest Istook