More From Denis Diderot
- "There are things I can’t force. I must adjust. There are times when the greatest change needed is a change of my viewpoint."
- "Disturbances in society are never more fearful than when those who are stirring up the trouble can use the pretext of religion to mask their true designs."
- "Power acquired by violence is only a usurpation, and lasts only as long as the force of him who commands prevails over that of those who obey."
More In Death
- "What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death."― Dave Barry
- "Men like me are impossible until the day when they become necessary."― Victor Hugo
- "The Greeks said grandly in their tragic phrase, ‘Let no one be called happy till his death;’ to which I would add, ‘Let no one, till his death, be called unhappy.’"― Elizabeth Barrett Browning