More From Demetri Martin
- "I like to use ‘I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter’ on my toast in the morning, because sometimes when I eat breakfast, I like to be incredulous. How was breakfast? Unbelievable."
- "I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything."
- "Stand up is really fun because if I think of a joke or a funny idea, then I can just go and tell some people and if they laugh, they laugh right away."
More In Birthday
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen."― Robert Staughton Lynd
- "I tend to foster drama via bleakness. If I want the reader to feel sympathy for a character, I cleave the character in half, on his birthday. And then it starts raining. And he’s made of sugar."― George Saunders
- "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."― Jim Valvano