More From Debra Messing
- "Yes, women, and men, have to be open to love, because if we’re not open then there’s no way for us to find happiness. But you can be open to it and still have no control over when it’s going to happen."
- "Ask everyone whether they’re an actor or a doctor or a teacher or whatever is entitled to his or her opinion. But unfortunately, because actors are in the public eye, whether we want it or not, sometimes our opinions carry more weight or influence than they deserve."
- "I think the institute of marriage is a noble thing. The idea of a partner for life is incredibly romantic. But now we’re living to 100. A hundred years ago people were dying at age 37. Til death do us part was a much different deal."
More In Education
- "What I got which was unusual, especially as a child actress, was parents who believed that Hollywood was not that important. They told us education, family, health, all come first and they meant it."― Danica McKellar
- "When I was four years old, my mother put me into a school for early music education where you get perfect pitch and harmony and composition."― Yoko Ono
- "As women slowly gain power, their values and priorities are reshaping the agenda. A multitude of studies show that when women control the family funds, they generally spend more on health, nutrition, and education – and less on alcohol and cigarettes."― Dee Dee Myers