More From Dean Inge
- "Bereavement is the sharpest challenge to our trust in God; if faith can overcome this, there is no mountain which it cannot remove."
- "In praising science, it does not follow that we must adopt the very poor philosophies which scientific men have constructed. In philosophy they have much more to learn than to teach."
- "Faith always contains an element of risk, of venture; and we are impelled to make the venture by the affinity and attraction which we feel in ourselves."
More In Government
- "I almost forgot what it’s like to be proud of my government."― Edward Norton
- "Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it."― Woodrow Wilson
- "I have no doubt but that the misery of the lower classes will be found to abate whenever the Government assumes a freer aspect and the laws favor a subdivision of Property."― James Madison