More From David Walliams
- "I had a very happy childhood, but I wasn’t that happy a child. I liked being alone and creating characters and voices. I think that’s when your creativity is developed, when you’re young. I liked the world of the imagination because it was an easy place to go to."
- "I’ve noticed that once you leave London you do kind of become a bit more famous. People in London are a bit too cool for school. It’s not so unusual to see someone from London in the street. But outside of London people are a bit more excited to see you and come out and support you."
- "The most used piece of kit in my kitchen is my saucepan. I use it every morning to cook my porridge in. The least used piece of equipment? I’d say a food mixer. I’ve never used it, I don’t really know what they’re for."
More In Dad
- "Music is the effort we make to explain to ourselves how our brains work. We listen to Bach transfixed because this is listening to a human mind."― Lewis Thomas
- "Although my dad Harry is the manager of West Ham, we get on very well."― Jamie Redknapp
- "My goal is for Gunnar to outlive me. That’s the way it should be. My dream is for him to be a dad himself one day, so he can find out all the anxiety that kids bring to their dads."― Boomer Esiason