More From David Suzuki
- "For the sake of our health, our children and grandchildren and even our economic well-being, we must make protecting the planet our top priority."
- "Some argue we should get coal, oil and gas out of the ground as quickly as possible, build more pipelines and make as much money as we can selling it here and abroad. Their priorities are the economy and meeting short-term energy needs so we can live the lives to which we’ve become accustomed."
- "The medical literature tells us that the most effective ways to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and many more problems are through healthy diet and exercise. Our bodies have evolved to move, yet we now use the energy in oil instead of muscles to do our work."
More In Education
- "The education of a man is never completed until he dies."― Robert E. Lee
- "Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue."― Plato
- "With any child entering adolescence, one hunts for signs of health, is desperate for the smallest indication that the child’s problems will never be important enough for a television movie."― Nora Ephron