More From David Rockefeller
- "I believe that government is the servant of the people and not their master."
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
- "My grandfather, along with Carnegie, was a pioneer in philanthropy, which my father then practiced on a very large scale."
More In Nature
- "Our treasure lies in the beehive of our knowledge. We are perpetually on the way thither, being by nature winged insects and honey gatherers of the mind."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "Human nature is potentially aggressive and destructive and potentially orderly and constructive."― Margaret Mead
- "It’s human nature to start taking things for granted again when danger isn’t banging loudly on the door."― David Hackworth