More From David Ogilvy
- "Leaders grasp nettles."
- "Advertising is a business of words, but advertising agencies are infested with men and women who cannot write. They cannot write advertisements, and they cannot write plans. They are helpless as deaf mutes on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera."
- "The best ideas come as jokes. Make your thinking as funny as possible."
More In Society
- "The real 1960s began on the afternoon of November 22, 1963. It came to seem that Kennedy’s murder opened some malign trap door in American culture, and the wild bats flapped out."― Lance Morrow
- "The toute ensemble was such as to make polished society blush, when compared with these savages."― Zebulon Pike
- "I love the wry motto of the Paleontological Society, meant both literally and figuratively, for hammers are the main tool of our trade: Frango ut patefaciam – I break in order to reveal."― Stephen Jay Gould