More From David Obey
- "We are going to see a tremendous number of health professionals retire over the next 8-10 years. We are not doing nearly enough to deal with this problem."
- "I think we have to be very careful when we toss around terms like ‘cut health care costs.’ We would do very well to expect a cut in the rate of increase."
- "If you want quality service, you have to pay for it. You don’t buy into waste. I have great misgivings about the amount of advertising that we see in the health care field, some by hospitals, a lot by drug companies."
More In Health
- "All Americans should have access to quality, affordable health care."― Christopher Dodd
- "Well, first let me say that I think health care reform is important. It has to be a priority. And our system is broken. The Finance Committee bill is the best effort yet, due in large measure to the efforts of my colleague, Olympia Snowe, but it’s not there yet. It falls short."― Susan Collins
- "I’ve got a stag weekend coming up and I’ve said I’m not doing anything more than a few drinks. I won’t have it. I’ll go home and watch Antiques Roadshow."― Martin Freeman