More From David Miliband
- "The whole of government needs to contribute to the shared goal of restructuring the British economy. But that means taking on the myth that the Treasury either knows best or can run it all. It just doesn’t."
- "You have to believe that it’s through politics that societies can lead social and economic and political change."
- "One thing that I feel very, very strongly is that we talk about Islamic countries, Islamic people, Islamic leaders, as either moderates or extremists. It’s almost like there are only two categories of Muslims. And actually, that doesn’t show respect. It shows lack of understanding of the diversity of Muslim thought."
More In History
- "I am trying to make clear through my writing something which I believe: that biography- history in general- can be literature in the deepest and highest sense of that term."― Robert Caro
- "History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside."― John F. Kennedy
- "We have wasted History like a bunch of drunks shooting dice back in the men’s crapper of the local bar."― Charles Bukowski