More From David Hume
- "There is a very remarkable inclination in human nature to bestow on external objects the same emotions which it observes in itself, and to find every where those ideas which are most present to it."
- "This avidity alone, of acquiring goods and possessions for ourselves and our nearest friends, is insatiable, perpetual, universal, and directly destructive of society."
- "Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence."
More In Good
- "I swear by that old expression, ‘One monkey don’t stop no show!’ The reality is, we still have some good men out there, and we should hail those men as the kings they are."― Angie Stone
- "When you realize who the good people are in your life, you’re so lucky."― Sophia Bush
- "We seldom find any person of good sense, except those who share our opinions."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld