More From David Hume
- "There is not to be found, in all history, any miracle attested by a sufficient number of men, of such unquestioned good sense, education and learning, as to secure us against all delusion in themselves."
- "The Christian religion not only was at first attended with miracles, but even at this day cannot be believed by any reasonable person without one."
- "Human Nature is the only science of man; and yet has been hitherto the most neglected."
More In Imagination
- "Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination."― Voltaire
- "People often pulled into Scientology want to address personal problems in their life, and Scientology says we have technology that addresses these kinds of problems. Just focusing on the problems and trying to remedy them can be helpful."― Lawrence Wright
- "Novelists are not equipped to make a movie, in my opinion. They make their own movie when they write: they’re casting, they’re dressing the scene, they’re working out where the energy of the scene is coming from and they’re also relying tremendously on the creative imagination of the reader."― John le Carre