More From David Herbert Lawrence
- "The only justice is to follow the sincere intuition of the soul, angry or gentle. Anger is just, and pity is just, but judgement is never just."
- "The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can’t wake up."
- "Oh literature, oh the glorious Art, how it preys upon the marrow in our bones. It scoops the stuffing out of us, and chucks us aside. Alas!"
More In Age
- "Whatever poet, orator or sage may say of it, old age is still old age."― Sinclair Lewis
- "To be perfectly honest, I think that as I’m growing older, I’m just growing more impatient. I’ll be very happy if at some point people say, ‘Michael’s grown wiser and softer in his old age.’ But we’ll have to wait and see what my next project is."― Michael Haneke
- "Every age yearns for a more beautiful world. The deeper the desperation and the depression about the confusing present, the more intense that yearning."― Johan Huizinga