More From David Herbert Lawrence
- "You don’t want to love – your eternal and abnormal craving is to be loved. You aren’t positive, you’re negative. You absorb, absorb, as if you must fill yourself up with love, because you’ve got a shortage somewhere."
- "Sex and beauty are inseparable, like life and consciousness. And the intelligence which goes with sex and beauty, and arises out of sex and beauty, is intuition."
- "Oh literature, oh the glorious Art, how it preys upon the marrow in our bones. It scoops the stuffing out of us, and chucks us aside. Alas!"
More In Age
- "English people don’t have very good diction. In France you have to pronounce very particularly and clearly, and learning French at an early age helped me enormously."― Vivien Leigh
- "When I was seventeen, I worked as a counsellor at a co-ed sleep-away camp for eight weeks. I loved it but it could be harrowing – it was far too much responsibility for someone my age."― Harlan Coben
- "The golden age is before us, not behind us."― William Shakespeare