More From David Herbert Lawrence
- "I hate the actor and audience business. An author should be in among the crowd, kicking their shins or cheering them on to some mischief or merriment."
- "Men and women should stay apart, till their hearts grow gentle towards one another again."
- "You don’t want to love – your eternal and abnormal craving is to be loved. You aren’t positive, you’re negative. You absorb, absorb, as if you must fill yourself up with love, because you’ve got a shortage somewhere."
More In Experience
- "But although all our knowledge begins with experience, it does not follow that it arises from experience."― Immanuel Kant
- "And I believe that if we can care about whether or not our neighbor has a good job or access to affordable health care for their children, and we move to implement the policies that can improve these situations, we will unleash vast amounts of human potential and recapture the American spirit."― Tim Ryan
- "I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience."― Audrey Hepburn