More From David F. Houston
- "It is obvious that the greatest and most important service that is required of our agriculture under existing conditions is an enlarged production of the staple food crops."
- "Corn is the leading food and feed crop of the United States in geographic range of production, acreage, and quantity of product. The vital importance of a large acreage of this crop, properly cared for, therefore, is obvious."
- "The high food value of field beans and the shortage of supply due to the light yields of 1915 and 1916 render them of great importance in the regions to which they are adapted."
More In Food
- "You can give men food and leisure and amusements and good conditions of work, and still they will remain unsatisfied. You can deny them all these things, and they will not complain so long as they feel that they have something to die for."― Christopher Dawson
- "Every major food company now has an organic division. There’s more capital going into organic agriculture than ever before."― Michael Pollan
- "When I was younger I was fat. I was never conscious of it and was content with who I was because I was so loved. My mother never told me to lose weight and my father doted on me, but my agent told me. I tried, but I loved Indian food too much."― Archie Panjabi