More From David Byrne
- "I try to devote my afternoons to making music in my home studio, but it’s a lot more fun hanging out with musicians and friends, and trying subtly to influence a band than making your own stuff."
- "I’m not suggesting people abandon musical instruments and start playing their cars and apartments, but I do think the reign of music as a commodity made only by professionals might be winding down."
- "I read the NY Times but I don’t trust all of it."
More In Music
- "My music, my songs are 100 percent inspired by girl power."― Paulina Rubio
- "Editing is now the easiest thing on earth to do, and all the things that evolved out of word processing – ‘Oh, let’s put that sentence there, let’s get rid of this’ – have become commonplace in films and music too."― Brian Eno
- "For-profit higher education is today a booming industry, feeding on the student loans handed out to the desperate."― Thomas Frank