More From David Byrne
- "I try to devote my afternoons to making music in my home studio, but it’s a lot more fun hanging out with musicians and friends, and trying subtly to influence a band than making your own stuff."
- "I do seem to like to combine the dramatic emotional warmth of strings with the grooves and body business of drums and bass."
- "I found music to be the therapy of choice."
More In Attitude
- "Under Barack Obama, the only ‘Change’ is that ‘Hope’ has been hard to find. Now millions of Americans are insecure about their future. But instead of inspiring us by reminding us of what makes us special, he divides us against each other. He tells Americans they’re worse off because others are better off. That people got rich by making others poor."― Marco Rubio
- "Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy."― Khalil Gibran
- "Most of my arguments with musicians through the years have had more to do with their attitude about music, or their attitude about their own lives, or their personal responsibility. Music has never really been the big centerpiece of the fight."― Billy Corgan